Friday, February 12, 2010

Does Flu Elevated Ast Alt Levels How Long After The Acute Phase Of Mono Will Monocytes Be Elevated?

How long after the acute phase of mono will monocytes be elevated? - does flu elevated ast alt levels

I am a cyclist and I was very ill at the beginning of the 09th July with what I thought was a severe case of flu. In the weeks before the disease had developed a strange abdominal pain, indigestion, I thought, stomach (top right), and I noticed a significant increase in heart rate during exercise. I was very sick in bed, motionless, for about 8 days. After the acute phase of what I have the flu, I tried to come back to life (training) as usual, but he was very tired quickly and that after a few hours of work, even if my belly moderately so bad that I just could not pedal my bike.

I had to show a series of blood tests that both me, "monocyte" as well as AST and ALT. My blOOD BUN is also very low.

My question is twofold. First, I had a roommate more than 3 years, he had mono. My monocytes could now addressed, because I was exposed to this virus, then? When exposed to recently mono, how long the feeling of fatigue was (I am running at 65% optimal) past?

1 comment:

Agnodice said...

Increased monocytes has many causes. Monocytes are white blood cells which eventually mature into macrophages, which are very important in the fight against bacterial infections and certain other infections. Monocytes to secondary bacterial infection, pregnancy, inflammation, autoimmune disease after splenectomy, depression, etc. increase is not specific for high monocytes.
Mononucleosis usually results in the increase in other types of white blood cells called lymphocytes. In general, the changes are specific cells in their relationship with infeciton and they will be atypical lymphocytes. Monocytes may be increased with mono, but they are classics. If elevated monocytes, which can only take a few weeks. Therefore, exposure to someone withMono three years ago is not the cause of the high monocytes now.

Have you diagnosed with blood tests mono-or was it just assumed that you had to rely on your symptoms? AST and ALT are proteins released by the liver, where damage occurs, such as hepatitis. Mono can cause hepatitis with elevations of AST and ALT, but there are other causes. For example, hepatitis A may increase in AST / ALT and cause fatigue. These must be evaluated to determine the cause and exclude other diseases, like others such as hepatitis. Urea is a product of the degradation of proteins, which will be higher, greater consumption of proteins or failure, renal impairment and dehydration may be the most common. Abdominal pain with inflammation of the liver can be combined or placed englarged Spleen mono. Fatigue is a symptom of solving the slowest with mono. The duration of fatigue is variable, but may take longer than 6 months. Good luck to you.

Post a Comment